7. Sweaty palms can ruin your day.
6. Grip is bae.
Pro-tip: Sometimes, all you need is a little shaving cream. It doesn't matter which brand, but shaving cream will add just enough moisture to your skin to help stick to the pole. :)
5. We have a love/hate relationship with bruises.
On the one hand, they mean a dancer has advanced towards learning a new move. On the other, duh, bruises. Thankfully, there are ways to reduce the appearance of bruises and help them fade faster. Any gel containing arnica or aloe vera will help, but nothing beats good ole' fashion ice!
4. We can never have too many booty shorts.
|Like these, from Etsy.|
3. The excitement of seeing a suitable pole... anywhere.
STREET POLE!! Finding a good pole in the civilian world is exciting enough that your girlfriend will gladly stand in the middle of the street to get a good picture, no questions asked.
2. Floor work is underrated.
Tricks are exhausting. Staying on the pole for an entire song is killer - and even competitions mandate a minimal amount of floor work. It's your chance to take a breather and luxuriate in your sexy side. Come see our Floorplay class and learn all the sultry in-between moves that can make or break a routine!
1. The thrill of all your hard work paying off, and finally landing a brand new trick.